Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cheesecake FAIL, and SUCCESS!!

I made two cheesecakes over the past week.  I really messed one up (it tasted OK, though!), and the other turned out very nicely!!

Cheesecake FAIL....
I made a White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake.  The recipe told me to bake it in a spring form pan lined with parchment paper in a water bath.  I skipped the parchment paper, because I was out.  How important could it be anyways??  Well, apparently pretty important!  Even though I wrapped the bottom of the pan with foil before I baked it, it still got all soggy.  On top of that, I removed the spring form too soon, and it started to sink.  Oh, and the raspberry swirl sunk to the bottom.  I'm not quite sure that I will try this one again!





Cheesecake SUCCESS...
Here is the recipe for the Tiramisu Cheesecake.  I think next time, I will make whipped cream rather than using the cool whip!

1 pkg. Nilla Wafers
7 tsp. instant cofee
5 Tbsp. hot water
4 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream
4 eggs
1 c. thawed Cool Whip
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

Heat oven to 325F.

Line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper, with ends of foil extending over the sides (or just spray the pan with cooking spray).  Spread half the wafers onto the bottom of the pan.  Dissolve 2 tsp. instant coffee to 2 Tbsp. hot water, stir until dissolved.  Brush onto wafers in pan.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended.  Add sour cream, mix well.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each, just until blended.  Remove 3 1/2 cups batter, place in medium bowl.  Dissolve 3 tsp. instant coffee in 1 Tbsp. hot water, stir into removed batter, spread over wafers in pan.  Top with another layer of wafers, dissolve remaining instant coffee in remaining water, and brush over wafers.  Cover with remaining batter.

Bake 45 minutes, or until the center is almost set.  Cool.  Refrigerate 3 hours.  Spread with Cool Whip and sprinkle with cocoa powder just before serving.

(Note - the above picture is NOT the Tiramisu Cheesecake that I made.  Recipe from www.kraftfoods.com)

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this one. I have a social worker whose favorite dessert is tiramisu and I can't make it for the life of me. Maybe I'll try this.

    ReplyDelete