Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sock Monkeys

My newest craft inspiration - sock monkeys!!  





I was introduced to them during craft club by a new friend a couple months ago.  They seemed easy to make, so I thought I'd try it out.  Of course, I chose to start this new project right as spring clothes started coming out, so it was hard to find cute, fuzzy socks to use.  I chose navy and yellow argyle knee socks from Target.  The knee socks just make my little monkey friend have really long arms and legs.  I'll definitely post pictures as soon as I have a chance to work on it!!  He's going to be so cute, and Jacob will love him :-)

Sock monkeys can be made out of all sorts of interesting types of socks, but the classic sock monkey is made out of Rockford Red Heel Socks, which I can only seem to find online (if anyone can get them elsewhere, please let me know!!)

If you're interested in making a sock monkey, here are the cutting guides.  You can find the written instructions here.





No comments:

Post a Comment